Round 2 applications open 1 July 2020
The Queensland Government is extending the Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program.
Round 2 offers a grant amount between $2,000 and $10,000 per eligible small or micro business.
Grant program objective
To provide funding support for small businesses highly impacted by the COVID-19 shutdown restrictions so they may adapt and sustain their operations and build resilience.
How P+Y can help
The grant may be used for you to access additional P+Y accounting and business advisory services to support business sustainability and diversification such as:
- strategic planning
- development of business continuity plan
- preparation of business recovery program
- ongoing management reporting
- ongoing cashflow management
- providing appropriate documentation to support your application
What will be funded
- Financial, legal or other professional advice to support business sustainability and diversification
- Continuing to meet business operational costs including utilities, council rates, rent, telecommunication charges, insurance fees, licensing or franchise fees
- Strategic planning, financial counselling or business coaching aligned to business development and diversification
- Building the business through marketing and communications activities (e.g. content development – web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.)
- Digital/technological strategy development
- Digital training or re-training and up-skilling employees to adapt to new business models
- Capital costs associated with meeting COVID-19 safety requirements
- Specialised digital equipment or business specific software to move business operations online (e.g. logistics program for online ordering).
Assessment process – key points
- Applications will be processed on a ‘first come, first served’ basis, and therefore not all applications will be successful
- Applications require submission of a complete application form, with all requested supporting documentation included
- Successful applicants from round 1 of this program cannot apply for funding under round 2.
- If you have submitted a round 1 application but haven’t heard anything, you are eligible to apply for round 2.
For all additional grant details including eligibility, please visit https://www.business.qld.gov.au/starting-business/advice-support/grants/adaption
To find out more about this opportunity for your business post COVID-19, please don’t hesitate to contact us by calling (07) 3217 5700 or emailing [email protected]
We help professionals and enterprising business owners by getting the numbers right, adding strategy and insights to maximise business growth, and providing specialist advice that considers your diverse business interests and financial goals.
P+Y Accountants & Business Advisory | P: (07) 3217 5700 | E: [email protected]
Disclaimer: The information contained here is general and not intended to serve as advice. Any information supplied is not a substitute for independent professional advice. We do not warrant the accuracy, reliability, completeness or adequacy of the information or material. All information is subject to change without notice. P+Y and each party providing material displayed here disclaim liability to all persons or organisations in relation to any action(s) taken on the basis of currency or accuracy of the information or material, or any loss or damage suffered in connection with that information or material. Users are encouraged to contact P+Y for advice concerning specific matters before making any decision.